I feel like you’re average mechanic!
You know the story about the mechanic, it can apply to gardeners as well.
Everyone else’s car (or garden) is immaculate while the mechanic’s car is a bit dodgy, and the gardener’s garden could do with some TLC.
That’s how I’m feeling at the moment. Not great!
I could go on a “poor, poor pitiful me” but who really cares? I mean that genuinely. We’re all going through something. I’m just publishing it.
There are two reasons I’m writing this:
- I’m learning to touch type and one of my goals is to practice for 15 minutes every day. And increase that by one minute every day for 30 days. Meaning by day 30, I will be touch typing for at least 45 mins every day. It may mean, by that time, I will be touch typing full time.
- The second reason is I want to write a post per day for the next 30 days as part of a plan to reignite some energy and momentum in my day. This will also help with the practice of touch typing.
The Next 30 Days
I’ve decided to add some other items to the list for the next 30 days. The category in brackets is the primary area I hope to benefit.
- Drop 10kg – this is more an outcome of some other actions below (Health)
- Touch typing as mentioned above (Productivity)
- Consume no sugar and no grains (Health)
- Run 4km per day – this may be a brisk walk as I acquired a couple of blisters yesterday when trying some new shoes (Health)
- Blog post every day as mentioned above (Hobby)
- Purchase no new things – there is one purchase I need to make, I’ll share what and why once it is complete (Finances)
- Do not purchase shop coffee – this will be a significant challenge (Finances)
- No alcohol – also a bit of a challenge as I so like a nice red (Health)
- Finish reading a textbook – Transcend by Scott Barry Kaufman (Education)
- Finish reading a novel – The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky (Recreation)
- Journal every day – this post is a result of this morning’s journal (Health)
- Practice Active Constructive Responding (Relationships)
This may seem like a lot to take on. Perhaps it is, but many of these things are common, every day things that simply need focus and attention.
I have typed this as best I can by touch typing so I can tick that off for today. And as this is a blog post, that has been accomplished as well.
Tomorrow will be an update on my progress, how I’m feeling and what changes I’m sensing.